Lehigh Elementary School LECP
200 School side Court, Lehigh Acres, FL 33936 | Phone: 239-369-2477 | Fax: 239-369-4506
One Time Registration Fee $20
Morning $15.00 weekly | Afternoon $35.00 weekly | Morning & Afternoon $50.00 weekly
A discount of $10.00 weekly will be applied for each additional child in the family
who is registered in BOTH the morning and afternoon program only.
NO DAILY RATE
The goal of LECP is to provide an alternative environment for the children of working parents.
Objective: To provide a positive educational and recreational care program that includes:
- Homework assistance/Tutorial help
- Arts & Crafts
- Physical activities
- Social interaction
Hours of Operation: The LECP will be held each day school is in session from 6:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m and 3:10 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Our program will NOT be available on Early Dismissal Days.
LECP will be open each school day with the exception of the following dates:
- September 5 (Labor Day)
- October 3 (Rosh Hashanah)
- October 17 (Professional Duty Day)
- November 11 (Veteran’s Day)
- November 23 - 25 (Thanksgiving Break)
- December 20 – December 22 (early Dismissal)
- December 23 (Professional Duty Day)
- December 24 – January 6 (Winter Break)
- January 16 (Martin Luther King)
- February 20 (President’s Day)
- February 21 (Teacher in-service Day)
- March 17 (Professional Duty Day)
- April 10 – April 17 (Spring Break)
- May 24 – May 26 (Early Dismissal/Last Day of School)
Parents have the responsibility to notify your child’s teacher when your child will/will not attend LECP
Enrollment: Students must be enrolled by completing an enrollment form and making a payment which includes the Registration fee and charges for the upcoming week. The form is located in the front office.
NEW PAYMENT POLICY
- Payments are due on the first day of attendance every week.
- The Florida Constitution Article VII prohibits the School District of Lee County to extend credit to any individual. Due to these guidelines, we must adhere to this policy. Please do not ask for other arrangements.
- Failure to make a payment on the first day of attendance will result in a $5.00 late fee.
- Payments will be taken from parents only.
- Payments will be accepted by the director or assistant direct of the program from 6:00 to 8:15 A.M. and from 3:30 to 6:00 P.M.
Insufficient Funds: All returned checks are subject to a service fee. Upon notification, the Program Director will contact the family and the following procedures must occur. The amount of the returned check, plus the service fee must be paid in cash to LECP. Further attendance for LECP will not be allowed until fees are paid. All future payments must then be made in cash.
Refunds: Illness (excused for absence from school) will be granted CREDIT ONLY by the Program Director. Credit must be used during the semester that the absence occurred. Any questions please ask to speak to the Program Director.
Program Rules: LECP will begin at 6:00 a.m. sharp! Children are not to be dropped off and left unattended prior to this time. Children must be walked in and parents must sign them in.
LECP begins at dismissal (3:10 P.M.) and closes promptly at 6:00 P.M. If you are unable to pick up your child by this time, please make arrangements with persons listed on your enrollment form. Unauthorized persons will not be permitted to remove a child from the facility. A penalty of $2.00 will be charged for every minute a child is left after 6:05 p.m. After two late charges have occurred, the student is subject to be withdrawn from the program.
Important Note: If at 6:30 p.m. your child has not been picked up and no contact from a parent/guardian has been made, the Lee County Sheriff’s Office and the Department of Children and Families will be contacted. Your child will be taken to an overnight facility. Please do not place your child or the school in this position.
Snacks: A snack will be provided to each child in LECP in the afternoon.
Students with IEP’s: All students with an Individual Educational Plan (IEP) must have prior approval before enrolling in LECP. A team consisting of the Program Director, an Administrator, an ESE Resource Staff Member and your child’s teacher will meet to go over your child’s IEP to ensure our program will meet the needs of your child.
Discipline: Flagrant disobedience and destruction of school property will not be tolerated. Parents will be notified of first incidents of misbehavior. Repeated instances of misbehavior such as willful disobedience, inflicting harm to another child, stealing, or destruction of property, may result in suspension or permanent dismissal from the program.
Discipline Policy: To reduce discipline problems, Lehigh Elementary LECP Program places great emphasis on positive relationships between students, staff and parents. Children and parents should be aware of the following discipline policy.
- 1st offense: Verbal warning and the child will be reminded of the rules. The child will also have a time out in the classroom appropriate for his/her age.
- 2nd offense: The child will be sent to the LECP desk for a time out and parent will be notified.
- 3rd offense: The child will be suspended from either LECP (before school program) or LECP (after school program) or both, depending on which program they attend for 1-3 days.
The Program Director may take one or more of the following actions:
- Isolate the child
- Write a disciplinary referral
- Call parents notifying them of behavior and the necessity to pick the child up from the program immediately
- Suspend the child for up to 3 days if the child has received excessive referrals OR if any of the following occur:
- The child inflicts harm to another child or staff member
- The child is guilty of stealing
- The child destroys school or personal property of another
- The child displays willful disobedience in the program.
Parents will be notified of any discipline problems or positive changes in student behavior. This discipline policy provides for age appropriate, constructive practices. No child will be subjected to discipline which is severe, humiliating, or frightening. Discipline is not associated with food, rest or toiletry. Spanking or any form of physical punishment is prohibited.
LECP is a service that is provided as a courtesy to Lehigh Elementary parents and families outside of the regular school day. Inappropriate behavior towards the staff and other children will not be tolerated and can result in your child being terminated from the program.
Medication: Any medications that your child must take during the program hours must be registered with the program director. Head lice may be a problem when dealing with the number of children in a school facility. If a case should arise, parents will be notified and the child will be isolated until pickup. A child having lice will be permitted back into the program when the child is cleared by the school nurse or with a doctor’s affirmation.
Suggestions: Sneakers are recommended for students in LECP.
**All children MUST be potty trained in order to be enrolled in LECP.
Please put your child’s name on personal belongings. Toys, games, cell phones, hand held game systems, Pokémon trading cards, etc. are not permitted to be brought to the program. After first warning, items will be taken from child and returned to the parent when the child is picked up.